ARD IN DELAWARE COUNTY (PART III OF III)
If you’re accepted for ARD in a Delaware County for a DUI case, you will have to complete certain requirements to successfully complete the process. There are three main requirements to qualify for an ARD in Delco:
- You must not have been convicted of a DUI or placed on the ARD program for a DUI within the past 10 years from the date of the current offense.
- You must not have been involved in an accident causing death or serious bodily injury to another surrounding the circumstances of your DUI.
- There must not have been a passenger under 14 years of age in the vehicle that you were operating.
There are also three main requirements to complete an ARD in Delco:
- As required across the Commonwealth, you will need a CRN evaluation.
- As required in many counties, you will need to complete safe driving classes.
- As required in Delco, you will need to complete Community Service hours.
You will also be required to pay restitution if necessary and all court fines and fees. On average the cost of ARD in Delaware County is approximately $1,350.00 not including attorney fees and supervision. Supervision is mandated by state law at a cost of $25.00 per month and cannot exceed twenty four months.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, mainly your BAC level, you may be subject to license suspension in Pennsylvania for 30 to 90 days. If you have an out of state license, such as New Jersey or Delaware, other conditions may apply.
If you complete all of the requirements for ARD, your Delaware County DUI charge will be dismissed and you won’t have a criminal record from your driving under the influence arrest. You may then also be able to expunge the DUI arrest from your record. If you fail to meet the requirements after being accepted into the ARD program, the charges against you will be reinstated and you’ll be prosecuted for driving under the influence.
If you were arrested for a DUI in Delaware County, and wish to speak with a local Delaware County DUI lawyer, contact Burns Law LLC by email at email@example.com or by phone at 610.586.1828 for a free consultation. A DUI lawyer can review your case to see if you are eligible for ARD and help guide you through the process of your case.